Happy Tuesday, neighbors! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening today.
First, today’s weather:
milder; breezy in the pm high: 45 low: 36.
Here are the top stories today in Huntington:
- Check out Huntington events happening this week, As we head into the first week of March, spring is finally on the horizon. Temperatures will be warming up and that means it’s time to get out and see what’s going on around town. You can list an event on Patch and add it to the calendar. For only $1 a day, you can promote your event in nearby communities, (Huntington Patch)
- Local pets available for adoption: Meet Pepsi, Denali, Sean & more, We have a list for you of all pets that are available now for adoption. 6 million pets are available for adoption each year, with only a little over half getting adopted. Our pick is Pepsi, a beautiful Miniature Pinscher that’s available at Proud Rescuers of Pr in Huntington, You can see all the pets in the link! (Huntington Patch)
- Take a look at the newest job listings around Huntington. Check out all the new job listings posted in our area. Every week, Patch and Zipcruiter create a list for you of all potential employment, From customer service to sales jobs, there are jobs available in every industry at the moment, Get out and start applying if you are currently looking! (Huntington Patch)
- ICYMI: New York State to drop school mask mandate. After a long-debated topic on whether or not kids should be masked in schools, Gov. Kathy Hochul announced she is dropping the mask mandate, effective March 2, Hochul said: “The day has come. We are lifting the statewide mask requirements as of Wednesday.” Hochul also stated that New York State will have zero tolerance for those who bully children who still come to school masked. (Patch)
Today in Huntington:
- Business Resource Workshop: Using Video as a Marketing Strategy – Zoom (8:30 am)
- Deskside Chat with the Superintendent/General PTA Meeting – TJL. (10:00 am)
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – The Learning Cottage. (5:00 pm)
- Harley/Boyd PTA Virtual Meeting. (7:00 pm)
- Daughtry – The Paramount. (8:00 pm)
From my notebook:
- Huntington Union Free School District: After a flood caused severe damage in the gymnasium a couple months ago, the high school gym is finally back online, Take a look at pics of the beautiful new look. (Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Huntington: “My father who is 88 years young, often writes a letter to Newsday expressing his opinions and sentiments. – He was an activist in the 50’s and 60’s and still is in spirit. Newsday posted his letter in today’s paper!” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Greenlawn: “Does anyone know what happened on Little Plains Road across from Timber Ridge, – The road is closed with a lot of police activity. Looks like they’re looking for spent shells?” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighborhood, Village: ,Deadline to apply for enhanced tax credit is March 1 – Requirements: At least one member of household must be at least 65 Years old by Dec. 31st. Total household Adjusted Gross Income must be $92,000 or lower.” (Nextdoor)
- Mindy Pensig, Neighbor: ,Looking for small office space to rent in Huntington village… by the hour if possible…Can someone help? Thanks…Mindy” (Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Huntington Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
, Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!